Productions Plus- The Talent Shop is looking for a Controller in our Detroit office.
The Controller assists the CFO in accounting operations for the organization, including the peorudction of perodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with the generally accepted accounting principals or internaltional financial reporting standards.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Other duties as assigned by CFO
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to stand or sit for 8 hours and lift 40lbs without accommodation.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Ethical Conduct
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree
- 10 years Accounting/Financial experience
- CPA License
- Productions Plus Inc. is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- 0% Travel